Today is a reading day.
- I’ll pull various groups working on specific novels in their papers. We need to nail the literary arguments so you can get drafting.
- I’m eliminating your critical reflection essays for THIS TASK because I want you to focus on drafting. I’m replacing it with the ninth and tenth grade critical reflection worksheet.
Journal prompts for Chapters 6 & 7:
- You may want to read Foster’s Chapter 14, about Christ figures.
- Address season in Chapters 6 & 7 based on Foster.
- How has Gene become disconnected from Devon? Where is he in his hero’s journey? Where is he in the war metaphor?
- Think through some or all of the following: symbols, Christ-figures, baptism/initiation, communion (a la cigarettes in this case rather than food), judgment and judgment places. Pay attention to the RIVER and the TREE especially.