Today we talked through your work on Bishop’s “Sestina.” By popular demand, we will finish this work tomorrow in class (toast to Cece if you’re glad for that).
However, I’ve also asked you to choose one of these poems and do a manuscript/journal about it:
- One Art
- Those Winter Sundays
Here’s what I mean by manuscript/journal:
- Do the visual work on the text of the poem itself.
- Actually name and write out questions about the poem as we did for Sestina.
- In your journal, choose 2-3 of those questions and MAKE A CASE for an answer with EVIDENCE from the poem.
Matt and Ana both came up and asked for some assistance in improving journal writing. I’m offering two things to address this:
1. Today I began writing comments if there was a need for some change. No comment, probably means no need for change.
2. Tomorrow for part of the day we’ll have some group work going on. During that time, I will meet with any students who want some more specific guidance on improving their journals.