Missed you yesterday! Today we had a socratic seminar. I also passed out some things–
- A Task 2 Proposal AMBULANCE
- A Task 2 Sample Calendar –These are NOT due dates, but a rough schedule if you feel like you need it. Thanks to Brooks for such a great suggestion in his critical reflection.
- A grade sheet with your current grade. A few notes about this. (1) For 90% of you, this is a more accurate mid-term than your mid-term! The other 10% still do not have a paper grade. Eek! Get it in asap. (2) If you don’t have a score for your journal grade yet, you need to schedule an appointment with me. My office hours are, as always, posted outside my classroom door.
Whew! I wish everyone could have heard how fierce it was with Sonora and Mrs. B in period 6! 🙂 But not everyone was there, so let me say this. Be careful about your evidence for whether or not Gene jounced the limb on purpose. I suggest creating a T-chart in your journal and compiling quotes for and quotes against. Then use the BALANCE of evidence to make a decision. It’s an important thing to sort out in order to be able to make sense of the text, especially of how it fits the hero’s journey. Do not let one quote push you to decide one way or the other.