Today I introduced the Recitation Assignment and rubric as well as the rationale for recitation. We spent the rest of the day discussing F451.
Things I’d still like to talk about
- Why the section titles are called what they’re called
- The mirror factory and the gardener vs. lawn-cutter images (p 5, p 6 got to it)
- The sensory images in Montag’s experience in the woods (p 6, p 5 got to it)
- The ending (p 6, p 5 got to it)
- The hobo method & its effectiveness
- What the book has to say about our society
- Contrast/compare Granger & Faber
- Why Beatty programmed the hound to track Montag even before he “knew” about the books
- Irony of Montag turning to books to find life and losing his home, his wife, his friends, his job and kills a man
- Why doesn’t the government keep hunting for Montag?
Anybody else? Anything else you want to talk about?