Welcome, Parents and Guardians! This blog is my main out-of-school communication vehicle with your son/daughter. You are welcome to look around. I’m also including my English 10H Parent Night Presentation for your reference, in case you had to miss for any reason.
Students–today we’ll talk a bit about your journals. You’ve already been USING your journals, doing particular assignments, but today I’ll explain the big picture a little bit more. You’ll get
- Intro to Journal page one and page two — page one includes some prompts for left-side journaling and page two includes some generic prompts for right-side journaling.
- A Visual Model for a Critical Reading Journal (both right and left side pages)
- A Rubric for the 1st Trimester Journal Check
- A Rubric for your 2nd and 3rd Trimester Journal Interviews — lots more details about the interviews available under “quick docs” if you would like examples.
We’ll also paste extra copies of these into your journals as resources and reminders.
That will leave maybe 10-15 minutes for us to talk about the Foster chapters you read for today. For tomorrow, I’d like you to read two more Foster Chapters: Chapter 2 (“Nice to Eat With You”) and Chapter 7 (“…Or The Bible”). In your journal, please write about ONE of the following:
- A movie or book that contains a “communion” scene (and how you analyze that scene in light of Foster’s comments)
- A movie or book that contains a significant biblical parallel (and you you analyze that parallel in light of Foster’s comments)