Today is a writing day on Task 4. Before we begin, I’m going to offer you a few helpful tools by way of essay ambulance. Or hopefully preventative medicine.
- The CITATIONS I’m asking you to do are an odd blend of MLA style (author’s last name) and APA style (year the book was published, immediately following the title of the work), so they should look like this:
- In The Lightning Thief (Riordan 2006), Percy Jackson is…
- Also, Eragon has a dragon as a partner and an elf for a friend in Inheritance (Paolini 2003).
- I’ll also do a brief intro on how to ORGANIZE the paper.
- Then we’ll talk about how to build your BODY PARAGRAPHS so that they contain EXPLANATION and not just a list of examples. You can see the sample we used to talk about that here.