Today is our first true writing day, and your first proposal is due no later than today. It will look something like what we set up last week:
We’ll talk briefly about some of the nuts and bolts of our writing days:
- Quiet atmosphere rules.
- Conference requests via your name on the board (and PS: use eraser, not fingers to erase please).
- No “Can you read this and tell me what you think” conferences. Your proposal will be handled in the order it was received.
- If you’ve submitted your proposal/draft and are waiting for feedback, you may work on your annotated bibliography (reading or writing) OR start studying Quizlet words OR work on class reading & lab book assignments. You may not use this time to work on another class.
Also, I’ll give you a short tutorial on how to handle my comments, revisions, and Google:
- Check your email not just your comments.
- Never change a draft or resolve a comment
- Start revision process by making a copy and changing the title of the file.
- Make all revisions on the NEW copy so the old one remains intact.
And remember: ALL PAPER CORRESPONDENCE goes to the mrsbpapers address.