This week, we are going to breeze through this play together. Yes, it’s Shakespeare. But you’ll have lots of time to get intimate with dear old Will when you rehearse your scenes. For now, we want to get the big picture of the play.
Tuesday I’ll give you a quick overview of the whole play and then we’ll plunge into reading. You have two options for how to get this reading done:
- Option 1: We can read it together as a group with some explanation and help from me (think Romeo and Juliet, but at 3x the speed)
- Option 2: You can read it in your Raisin small groups
Once we decide, the work is cut out for us pretty clearly. Whatever we do not finish in class, you will be responsible for finishing on your own.
- Act I & Lab book due Thursday 4/6
- Act II and Lab book due Friday 4/7
- Act III and Lab book due Tuesday 4/10
- Act IV and V and Lab book due Wednesday 4/11
If you find it difficult to wade through the original language without a class or a group, you’re welcome to use a side-by-side translation. I recommend this one: No Fear Shakespeare MSND.