Writing in Your Lab Book
Sample Lab Book Entries:
Earning Credit for Your Reading Lab Book (20% of your overall grade)
- Rubric for Lab Book Check — this rubric is for first trimester mid-term ONLY.
- Lab Book Interview How To, Including Questions, Tips, and Examples— includes explanations, a sample of interview material, helpful tips and commentary
- THE Lab Book Interview Rubric— 2nd trimester mid-term (Jan) & 3rd Trimester final (May).
- Lab Book Interview Planning Sheet — step by step instructions for planning a successful journal interview. This makes space for only three points of growth, but obviously if you have four or five for one skill, that’s okay–better than okay, it’s good!
- Minimalist Lab Book Interview — If you’re so freaked out you think you can’t do it, try this.
- Sample Journal Interview Transcript – note that (1) the entire yellow highlighted section is ONE ANSWER. So later, in green, when it says “another answer, equally as thorough,” I mean another answer of that length and (2) The student spends a considerable amount of time actually reading from the journal.
- ANOTHER Journal Interview Transcript from a 2nd Trimester student – Complete, with no commentary from me.